Friday, January 20, 2012

Mixing Embossing Powders and Glitter

Hello everyone! Today is an exciting day for me. It is my first post on the SP Stamps Blog and boy am I ever excited and a little nervous. This is my first ever tutorial. It is going to be so much fun sharing it on here with you too!

So what SP and Company Stamps did I use for my project? Well I used the Ornamental Trees and Awareness is Empowering. Two sets of stamps that were awesome to work with and super fun to get inky :)


The items I used for this project are: boning tool, scissors,tweezers, paper cutter, crafting knife, paper (black, gold, pink, whisper white), embossing powder (black, gold, clear), pink glitter, glue, heat gun, pearls, cuttlebug embossing folders, 4 punches, memento ink, versa mark, SP and Company stamps, and stamp block.

I started to emboss with Ornamental Trees. Versa Mark was used to stamp the triangles. Two embossing powders were used Gold and Black (mixed the two together, poured over the Vera Mark and then heat embossed). When you are done cut the triangles out.

the picture below shows you how the gold and black mixed together bring a marbling effect to the triangles.

Next I mixed pink glitter with clear embossing powder. The stamp set I used Awareness is Empowering. The ribbon stamp was then stamped with Versa Mark, poured the mixed glitter and embossing powder over it and then heat embossed. Next was to use my little cutting tool to cut it out, it is neat because it swivels.

a little closer look. You can also see that I used a cuttlebug folder to add some texture to the card.

The sentiment is also from Awareness is Empowering. This was stamped with black Memento Ink. A dauber with pink ink was used to distress around it. Also I used another cuttlebug embossing folder to give a little dimension.

The scallop border punch and pearls helped to separate both sides of the card. It helps to give it a little more elegance to the card.

Here is another look at the finished product. The lighting wasn't great it doesn't show the marbling on the triangles very well. Sorry about that.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a marvelous day :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you vary much for this wonderful tutorial. I love the glitter and EP together. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, and the pearls are super cool touch....great job friend!

    ReplyDelete