Thursday, February 24, 2011

Challenge #26 at 4 Crafty Chicks & Prize Week

Wahooo! Thank you so much to everyone who entered my challenge last week. We beat our last record with 64 entries. Again you have all blown us away with your amazing talent. It was so much fun to come to all of your blogs. So it is Thursday and boy do we have a fabulous challenge for you this week.

We are on Challenge #26 at 4 Crafty Chicks this week. Our very talented hostess-with-the-mostess this week is Lori. Her challenge to us is an INSPIRATION PICTURE (isn't this a very home picture). I had so much fun chosing colors from this picture and then it inspired to use a very cool sentiment from Verve. The fun part with an inspirational picture is you can create whatever inspires you. Thanks Lori for this wonderful challenge (it almost had too many colors for me to pick because I love them all). We have more fun for you this week. What you say? Well it is the last week of the month and that means it is a PRIZE week. So come on out and play...we love seeing your creativeness.


Here is my card! This sentiment is one of my fav's from Verve. It was a lot of fun playing with the twine and button. I thought the ribbon was a fun touch to off set the embossing folders used. I really should dig back into my stash and start using my pattern paper *sigh*.

So how lucky was I Totally Stampalicious challenge this week is to use Green, Blue and Brown. It just happened to match Lori's Inspiration picture. The DT's have some really amazing cards again this week. Love the talent. My layout for my card is again from Monday Lunchtime Sketches (Techno Stamper). Mary-Jo comes up with such awesome sketches each week, you can dress them up or down. I think this week I dressed it up a little bit. Such wonderful inspiration.

I am getting really excited, it will be a week on Friday that Lori and our families will be heading off to Florida. Warmth and sun is going to be so much fun. It mean's I need to get in gear and start packing and cleaning my house so that it is sparkling when we come back. My son's basketball team lost their 1st game, it was an amazing game 38-32. Finals start next week. Time is flying bye.

The weather is rather cool the last few days. I just want to hunker down with a good cup of hot chocolate and craft my heart out. LOL...it hasn't happened yet but a girl can dream...LOL.

Hop on over to 4 Crafty Chicks see what a fabby prize Melissa has for us this month and most of all come and join us in some fun. My other crafty chicks created amazing cards this week. Stop bye their blogs and leave them some love too! We all love the comments. Their blogs are: Banking on Crafts (Leanne), Inkingly Yours (Lori) and My Paper Obsession (Melissa).

Thank you so much for stopping in! Have a wonderful day, may it contain nothing but joy :)

As a final note Picture Perfect Creations is celebrating their One year anniversary with a great challenge and a DT call. Come check us out their is still time.

8 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous card Tamie!!! Love the textures with your embossed layers and that yummy ribbon...delish!!!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally with Linda! Beautiful card, friend! You done rocked my challenge - thanks! xoxoxo

    PS: Can't you just "feel" the hot sun's rays beating down on you while you're sitting by our pool...." hee hee...one more week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done girl friend, you made it wonderfully. I love the sentiment, I have that one too. So cool, love the ribbon detail and the twine too...awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sentiment focus! Thanks for playing in the Totally Stampalicious Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card - that is one of my favourite sentiments too - thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Love the texture with the ruffled ribbon. I {heart} the sentiment too :)...Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Stampalicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combo of challenges. I am hoping to find some time to play along here. I love this card. Thanks so much for playing along this week with my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete