Sunday, January 2, 2011

Celebration

Good evening! Well yesterday I got way ahead of myself and thought that I could make two cards...well it didn't happen but I sure did find some fabby challenges that were on my list to work with today.

It has been to exciting to be in my craftroom with some new goodies that I had before Christmas but didn't get the chance to use them. Paper Makeup Stamps with their Make up 4 The Weekend challenge was to use black, silver and white! I love working with these colors. Crazy 4 Challenges #68 is to "celebrate something"---with it being the new year is not hard to do. Paper Sundaes #50 is to use something new - new ribbon, new punch (have been just itching to use them since before christmas)...LOL. So peeps I had my colors picked, new I wanted to celebrate, use something new...now all that was needed was a sketch Just Us Girls Challenge #65 happens to be a wonderful sketch this week. Thank you so much ladies for all of these wonderful challenges. They made my card easy peasy! Love it!!!


Here is my creation! I have a stamp set but have only used two stamps out of it (not good I know) but this flower just seemed so perfect for celebrating. Silver paper is so beautiful in cards but alas it isn't something I use very often. Before christmas I finally bought this new punch and ribbon from SU, well my fingers have been itching to break it in with some paper (oh the things that can make a girl happy...LOL). Looking at my card on here my black ink looks a little purple but is Basic Black from Stampin Up. Hope you enjoy this card. I had so much fun making it.

Recipe: Stamps: All Year Cheer II (SU) and Teasure Life (Close to my Heart); Paper: Silver, Basic Black, DSP and whisper white (all SU papers); Ink: basic black; Accessories: Ribbon (SU), punch (SU), flower brads and D'vine Swirl embossing folder, pop ups.

My pictures for the last few posts have been taken right on my crafting table. The light seems to be good and I think they are pretty good. Please let me know if I should change back to my counter top.

This evening has been fun filled, I have made another card today and it will be revealed tomorrow morning with my Picture Perfect Creations post...with some fabby new colors. Please come and join us.

Thanks to all of the challenges blogs out there who help keep my creativeness going.

Wishing you a great night on the second day of 2011. Thanks for stopping in.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty!!! What a gorgeous combination of colors and textures!!! Great card :) Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo and use of this weeks sketch Tamie!

    Thanks for getting sketchy with JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, Tamie! I love the silhouette for this color combo and the embossed silver paper for the background! :) I take my photos on my craft table too and just slip a couple pieces of 12x12 paper underneath and behind my card for a plain background. Thanks for stamping with us at Makeup 4 the Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh the perfect card for combinging the PMS with the Paper Sundaes challenges this week! Love the dry embossing!

    ♥ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paper and embossing! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete