Monday, November 15, 2010

Switching it Up at Picture Perfect Creations

Good Morning! We are switching things up here at Picture Perfect Creations. Can you feel the excitement coming your way! Today we debute Megan's first Sketch Combo #1! We usually only do color combo's but on the 3rd week of the month we are going to do something different! Isn't that exciting? Next week we will be back to a color combo!


I love the sketch and it sure was fun digging threw my papers to find some colors that I could work with. I had several color combo's running threw my head and several different stamps. I stamped three different ones and cut alot of the same kind of designer paper with matching paper and tried to layer it...LOL. Don't you love layering, I sure do but it didn't work for me so on to a clean and simple card. (was to tired from swimming??) LOL. I used the colors real red, garden green, baja breeze dsp and whisper white. Dazzling diamonds, black satin ribbon, snowflakes and swiss dots embossing folder.
When working with this stamp I colored the tree's with my Stampin' UP markers. I forgot that this stampset was in my collect until last night...LOL.
This week at Paper Sundaes their challenge is from their Sundaes Topping Bar punches, ribbon, embossing and the color blue. I used an oval spellbinder, blue, ribbon and two embossing folders.
Wee Memories is a new blog that has been fun to try and enter but I keep missing it...but this week I think I made it. There fantabby challenge this week is to dust off your pattern paper. Some people find it easy to use and I tried on this card to layer two or three but in the end only put one on...LOL. My drawers are full of it...so it is sad that I struggle to use it. My goal is to use more of it and layer it too.
Come out and join us at PPC and try our sketch challenge this week. Can't wait to see you niffty creations. See you soon since I would like to try another color combo with this sketch.

8 comments:

  1. Very cute card this week girlie! I recognize those trees *giggle* I love the glitter too :) WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those trees and the colors...very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite parts of your card... the tree stamps (yummy), the embossing (ya know I'm a sucker for embossing!) and the scalloped piece of white cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card and great colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tamie! Beautiful Christmas Card! Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog. You asked about the stencils for the flourishes. I bought a set that are made by "Pebbles" it says it's for their chalks but I just line up the stencil and place drops of glue in the open stencil, pull up the stencil and add rhinestones. I also bought two I Rock "kits". I don't use the heat thing but the stencils can be used over and over. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with our new sketch Tamie!! Or shall I say great job QUEEN OF TEXTURES!!! The card is gorgeous and perfect for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooove those trees! Yummy colors. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, love the bit of glitter! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete